June 7-21 | Online Worship
We continue our online services this weekend with three times: 9:30 & 11 a.m. and 6 p.m. We encourage you to begin meeting the next few weeks in groups as we all get used to being with one another again.
June 28 | On-Campus & Online Worship
We'll resume worship at Shades on June 28, with two service times -- 9:30 and 11 a.m. We will have Children's Worship for kids who have completed kindergarten through second grade. No Worship Care or Sunday School.
TBD | Normal Sunday Schedule
Step three is full integration of Sunday morning ministries including Sunday School and Worship Care. We anticipate this occurring later this summer. Our staff and volunteer teams are working diligently for the best experience possible.
We are Better Together, and we are excited to worship in-person on Sunday, June 28! For an interactive look at how we will worship together, take a look at the video with Pastor Danny at the top of this page.
Below is some information we think will be helpful to you about what Shades is doing to prepare and what you can do as we work together to have a meaningful worship experience.
What We're Doing
- Services at 9:30 and 11:00: If you're in 8 a.m. Sunday School, classes are asked to attend worship at 9:30; 11:00 Sunday School classes are asked to attend worship at 11. There will be space for guests or those not in Sunday School classes at each service.
- Socially distanced seating: Family units will sit together six feet apart on every other pew. Seating will be available on the main level and in both fan banks. As attendance increases, the balcony will open for seating.
- Touchless experience: Greeters and worship center hosts will be opening exterior doors and assisting you as you make your way to your seats in the Worship Center. We continue to encourage online giving, but tithes and offerings brought to worship can be deposited into baskets at the Worship Center doors.
- Face coverings: Staff and volunteers will be wearing face coverings. They're not required, but we strongly encourage all attendees to wear face coverings during the entirety of the service, even singing.
- Clean hands: Hand sanitizer will be available at stations throughout the Concourse and Worship Center lobby.
- Childcare: There will be Children's Worship for children who have completed kindergarten through 2nd grade. Online registration prior to the service is required. Click here for more information and to register your child. Worship Care for preschoolers will resume later in the year. In the meantime, preschoolers and older children are encouraged to attend worship with their families. If you need to bring a snack for them, please bring clear liquids and cheerios.
- Sunday School and other ministries: Sunday School and other Sunday ministry activities will resume in the fall; worship is the only ongoing Sunday morning activity.
- Cleaning: The Shades Readiness team is thoroughly cleaning all areas of the Worship Center. Teams will clean pews and restrooms between services.
How You Can Help
- If you are not feeling well, if you have a temperature of 100 degrees or higher, or if you are at higher risk for illness, please continue worshipping with us online.
- Get creative in greeting friends when you see them on Sunday. A wave instead of a hug. A smile instead of a handshake.
- Exterior doors will open 15 minutes before each service; please stay in your car until then. The following entrances are available: the North Entry Drive-Thru, the Worship Center 2nd Floor Atrium (east outdoor playground), the Worship Center 3rd Floor Drive-Thru (Hand in Hand hallway), and the main Worship Center 3rd Floor Main Front Plaza doors.
- When worship is over, please go directly back to your car and avoid gathering in groups.
- Be considerate of others and sensitive to their efforts to maintain distance or wear a face covering.