The first Measure introduced is the question, “Have I met with God today?”
As we looked at Ephesians 2:1-10, three main ideas stood out about the importance of meeting with God:
- As you meet with God, you deepen your relationship with God who takes you from death to life. (vs.1-9)
- The more you know and believe your identity in Christ the more you will live for Christ. (v. 10)
- Good works should occur as an overflow of your daily pursuit of God. (v. 10)
Three additional questions that are helpful to think through this week as we internalize this Measure, “Have I met with God today?”:
- Do I spend consistent, personal time growing in my relationship with Christ?
- Do I know who I am in Christ and it influences my thoughts, words, and actions?
- Do I lead people to follow Christ, who lead other people to follow Christ?
Additional scripture passages to consider as you pray and fast this week:
- Luke 9:23-24
- Romans 12:1-2
- 2 Timothy 3:16-17d
This week as we pray for our nation, we are praying that believers across the country will regularly offer up entreaties, prayers, petitions, and thanksgivings on behalf of those who are in positions of authority (1 Timothy 2:1-2).