As we complete 50 Days of Standing in the Gap, we are praying for our nation, for its leaders, and for our future. We are intentionally praying and fasting, knowing that God hears our prayers. We’re also internalizing each of the six Measures as we encourage one another and spur one another on towards Christ.Our sixth measure is the question, “What am I waiting for?"
I. Why the urgency?
- Brevity of Life (James 4:14)
- Uncertainty of the future
- Certainty of eternity and judgment (Hebrews 9:27-28)
- See the grander vision (Luke 5:1-11)
- Embrace the 9:9 principle (Matthew 9:9)
As you reflect this week and internalize this measure consider the questions:
- Do you expect God’s plans to be bigger than your own and then eagerly follow Him in faith?
- Do you take the initiative and not wait on someone else to move?
- Do you give your best effort to any task because you serve Christ first?
As you pray and fast this week, we encourage you to pray and intercede for the following;
Personal: Pray that your good intentions will result in good works (2 Corinthians 8:7,11) not out of obligation but because you are serving the Lord Christ (Colossians 3:24) trusting that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion (Philippians 1:6).
Nation: Pray that as believers, we may be lights in a dark world who are advocates for policies that promote human flourishing, biblical justice, and the sanctity of human life. Pray that the gospel would be our chief motivation for submitting to authorities and that we will be ready for every good work.
For supplemental resources, prayer prompts, and to learn more about fasting, go to www.shades.org/measures.