Posted in From the Pastor | By Danny Wood | Posted on Wed May 27, 2020
Sending transformed people to influence their world for Christ. That's what we're about. And that mission hasn't changed through nearly three months of social distancing and social isolation.
This week, Pastor Danny has some exciting things to share regarding how we'll return to in-person worship services. He also previews this Sunday's message. Take a look!
Posted in From the Pastor | By Danny Wood | Posted on Wed May 20, 2020
As many of us look ahead to the holiday weekend, we're reminded of our mission: Sending transformed people to influence their world for Christ. That remains, though the COVID-19 pandemic has altered how we engage our mission as a church.
In the video below, Pastor Danny reminds us to what we're called, honors those who've fought for freedom we didn't earn, and looks ahead to this Sunday. Take a minute to hear from your pastor!
Posted in From the Pastor | By Danny Wood | Posted on Wed May 13, 2020
Pastor Danny recaps the Food Drive-Thru, makes you aware of some details regarding reopening our campus, and looks ahead to his new sermon series launching this weekend!
Posted in From the Pastor | By Danny Wood | Posted on Wed May 6, 2020
We hope the Safer-at-Home order has eased a little of the burden for you. We're thankful for the steps our public officials are taking to reopen our state. Take a minute to hear from Pastor Danny regarding life at Shades, specifically information on plans for when we will worship in-person!
Posted in From the Pastor | By Danny Wood | Posted on Wed Apr 29, 2020
How do we persevere in this season? Take a minute and hear from our pastor.
In his weekly video to our church family during the pandemic surrounding COVID-19, Pastor Danny updates us on the loss of a valued church member earlier this week and recaps last Sunday's ManChurch. He also provides an update regarding ministry operations at Shades and finally makes us aware of an upcoming opportunity to live sent. Take a look!
Posted in From the Pastor | By Danny Wood | Posted on Wed Apr 22, 2020
This week, Danny provides several updates to life at Shades during the pandemic. Take a look!
Posted in From the Pastor | By Danny Wood | Posted on Sat Mar 14, 2020
Yesterday leadership within the Southern Baptist family issued a call for unified prayer among the 47,500+ churches of the Southern Baptist Convention. I’m asking that we at Shades respond to this call individually and collectively by committing to pray at 4:06 in the morning or afternoon daily for circumstances surrounding the COVID-19 global pandemic. As we pray, let’s specifically focus on the following areas:
- Ask God, in His mercy, to stop this pandemic and save lives in our communities and around the world, particularly in places that are unequipped medically to deal with the virus. (Isaiah 59:1-2)
- Pray for President Donald Trump and other government leaders -- international, federal, state, and local -- to have the wisdom to direct us in the best courses of action for prevention and care. (Romans 13:1–4)
- Pray that the Lord will give us wisdom in this moment of uncertainty. Pray that those far from God would realize how fragile life is and how real eternity is, and they would see their need to turn to God. (Psalm 90:12)
- Ask God to protect our missionaries, church planters, and their families around the world, using this global crisis to advance the good news of the gospel to all people. (Mark 16:15)
During our online service tomorrow, we will have a dedicated time of prayer centered around these requests. I hope that you’ll join us at 9:30am by clicking here. Also, as a reminder, you can access the latest information and resources regarding our updated schedule and programming.
Posted in From the Pastor | By Danny Wood | Posted on Fri Mar 13, 2020
Please watch an important update from Pastor Danny about plans for this Sunday and the coming weeks.
Posted in From the Pastor | By Danny Wood | Posted on Wed Jun 19, 2019
As I reflect on the Pastors’ Conference, I have never been prouder of our church and especially our staff. I am proud, grateful and humbled to be your pastor and to have the privilege to serve alongside of you. What Shades did was epic!
Three strengths that made this "epic." The worship team was incredible. This was a CBC, GIC, and big Sunday all in one! One pastor commented they had never seen a freedom of worship at a PC like this ever before ... and he is right. Talent, love for Jesus, love to worship -- all of this was evident. At times I was smiling, singing, and crying at the same time both because of the message of the song and the joy on the faces of those leading.
The tech team and creative team. Wow, what can you say? Off the charts! I don’t know if any attendee can even fathom the number of painstaking hours that were involved in the making and editing of the videos and the book that was distributed. It is mind boggling, but all the effort was worth it and was of a quality not just in production value but in messaging that has never been seen before at a PC.
And our volunteer spirit. Over 500 volunteers giving of their time and loving it! EVERY speaker, EVERY program personality, EVERY representative from all the other organizations that we worked with went out of their way to tell me how outstanding our volunteers were. I never had to fish for a compliment because they sought me out and bragged on our staff and our lay volunteers. This is who we are; this is Shades.
Bottom line is that all the work of the Pastors’ Conference was outstanding ... but not unexpected. And that is the greatest compliment of all. What our staff and our volunteers did was a reflection of the quality of work I see every week. I am just glad that the rest of the convention was able to benefit from your immense talents, infectious spirit, and deep love for our Lord Jesus Christ.
Again, thank you church for giving of your time to make the Pastors’ Conference special and meaningful for so many pastors and their wives. I love you and am blessed to be your pastor!
If you want to watch any of the sermons and/or the video trailers, click here!
Posted in From the Pastor | By Shades Staff | Posted on Mon Oct 8, 2018
NEXT is in full swing! As we as a church take this journey together on the NEXT steps in our spiritual transformation and facility improvements, let me point out some resources to help all of us.
- The NEXT Initiative Devotional sheds additional light on the spiritual components through the Scriptures and prayer. It prepares our hearts to take this NEXT step.
- The NEXT Commitment Guide is a practical and biblical guide to assist you in working through how to make a sacrificial financial commitment. If you did not get one Sunday, this guide will be available in the worship center lobby and in the church office.
- The website is a great resource for information on all aspects of NEXT. One new addition is found as you scroll to the bottom of the page and see “Giving Calculator.” This is a calculator that helps translate specific acts of sacrifice into actual dollars. This can be a helpful tool as we prepare to make our financial commitments on Sunday, November 4.
Each Sunday the sermon will focus on a next step that we are to take in our spiritual transformation. This Sunday I will be preaching on “NEXT Stronghold Demolished.” Please be in prayer for this service as we see how we can have victory over those things that constantly defeat us.
I am excited about all that God is doing at Shades and enjoying taking these NEXT steps! Have a great week!