"And Jesus increased in wisdom and in stature and in favor with God and man." Luke 2:52
In the Shades Kids Ministry, our desire is that your children would follow Jesus. That like Jesus as a young child, they would grow both in their wisdom concerning the Word of God, and in stature as they live transformed lives to influence their world for Christ. We do this primarily through Sunday school, Wednesday Nights, and Events throughout the year.
Several events and activities are coming up this summer for Shades Kids! Use the button below to register.
Sunday, February 17, will be our first Sunday on the new schedule. We will have Sunday School at 8:00am and 9:30am. Worship will be at 9:30am and 11:00am.
8:00AM Sunday School
· Grades 1-2 will be taken to Children’s Worship at 9:15am by their SS teachers. Children will need to be picked up by a parent. Pick up will be in the Women’s Robing Room located across from WC200 on the 2nd floor.
· Grades 3-4 must be picked up by a parent at 9:15am from their SS class.
· Grades 5-6 can be released to meet parents ONLY if we have a signed dismissal form. Children who do not have a form on file, must be picked up by a parent. Children should be picked up by 9:15am. You will find a Sunday AM 5th & 6th Grade Dismissal Form attached to this email.
· Grades 3-Senior Adults will attend 9:30am worship.
9:30AM Sunday School (formerly known as 11AM SS)
· Grades 1-2 will be taken to Children’s Worship at 10:40am by their SS teachers. Children will be picked up in WC200.
· Grades 3-4 must be picked up by a parent at 10:45am from their SS class.
· Grades 5-6 can be released to meet parents ONLY if we have a signed dismissal form. Children who do not have a form on file, must be picked up by a parent.
· Grades 3-Senior Adults will attend 11:00am worship.
Children’s Worship – Grades K5-2
Starting Feb. 17, you will need to check your children in on the computer for both Sunday School and Children’s Worship, if they are attending both. If they are only attending one, then just check into that one event. Please see above about where to pick your child up after Children's Worship.
Beginning February 13, children in grades 1-4 MUST be picked up by a parent from their MIT class at 7:30pm. 5th graders can be released to meet parents ONLY if we have a signed dismissal form, otherwise a parent will need to pick up from their MIT room. 6th graders will be dismissed from the Student Building as usual.
Due to construction in the Worship Center, no one will be allowed on the inner hall of the 2nd floor BEFORE 5PM and AFTER 8PM. If your child has an early rehearsal for Kids Worship Choir, and has rehearsal in WC227, WC228, WC227, WC226, WC225, WC224 or WC222/223, we will have the inner doors open right at 5pm so they can get to their rooms on time.
In the Shades Kids Ministry, Sunday school is foundational to everything we do. Each Sunday morning during construction, children meet at 8:00am or 9:30am on the Second floor of the Worship Center to study and memorize Scripture. Children meet in a small group setting as they walk through the Bible chronologically and form relationships with other children in their grade.
For more information on Sunday school click here.
Preparing children to worship God as a member of the church is an important step in their spiritual journey. This is the goal of Children's Worship in the Shades Kids Ministry. Children's Worship takes place at 9:30am and 11:00am on the Second Floor of the Worship Center on Sundays during the school year.
For more information on Children's Worship, click here.
Wednesday Nights during the School year are a ton of fun! Children have the opportunity to be involved with our music ministry through choir and learn more about the missionaries we support all across the world. Children participate in these opportunities in small groups divided by grade and gender.
For more information on Wednesday nights at Shades, click here.