We know it can be easy to get lost in the mix at a large church. Sunday School is where we make the big, small. Getting involved with a Sunday School class is the best way to find community at Shades.
Nearly/Newlywed Sunday School:
Offered at 8:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m., these classes are for engaged couples or for those who are newly married. This class concentrates on building a healthy, biblical marriage and utilizes the Foundations of Marriage curriculum. The class material is worked through every 9 months, so these classes are not meant to be permanent. Once you have gone through the curriculum once or twice (9-18 months) it is best to transition into one of the Married Young Adult classes.
Together: Preparation for Marriage
Together, our premarital ministry at Shades, is an 8-week course designed to provide engaged couples an opportunity to prepare for marriage in the context of community. Together will walk you through common opportunities and challenges in marriage from a biblical perspective.
Class dynamics include…
- large group, topic-based teaching
- small group discussion led by a mentor couple with 1-2 other engaged couples
- individual counseling session for each couple
- personalized insight from the Prepare/Enrich assessment
- weekly, topic-oriented homework
Our next round of classes will occur on March 10, March 24, April 7, and April 28, 2019. Classes are from 3:30-6:00pm in the Community Life Center Dining Room. The cost is $125 per couple which helps to supplement the cost of assessments, class materials, resources, and snacks. Financial assistance is available, please contact Chad Cossiboom for more information. Registration will open January 1.
We want to help couples intentionally spend time with each other -- on an actual date. No interruptions or distractions, just dedicated time together. This is what Date Night is all about. The next Date Night is February 16.
How It Works
- Register online to participate, the cost is only $15 per couple until February 2. Registration increases to $20 per couple after February 2. You do not have to be a Shades attendee to participate.
- Decide where you’re going to eat, it’s up to you. Click here for some recommendations.
- We'll provide a kit with discussion questions, games, and goodies. The Date Night kit will get conversation going, offer some randomness and keep things fun.
- You can pick up your kit at the first floor drive-thru on Date Night starting at 5:15 p.m. (look for the signs) or when you drop off your kids for our complimentary childcare (you read that right, COMPLIMENTARY CHILDCARE - we’ll even provide dinner for them!).
Safe, fun and complimentary childcare is provided at Shades from 5:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m., for infants through 6th graders. Parents must make childcare reservations when they register for Date Night.
Email us for additional details or with any questions.