We know it can be easy to get lost in the mix at a large church. Sunday School is where we make the big, small. Getting involved with a Sunday School class is the best way to find community at Shades.
Nearly/Newlywed Sunday School:
Offered at 8:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m., these classes are for engaged couples or for those who are newly married. This class concentrates on building a healthy, biblical marriage and utilizes the Foundations of Marriage curriculum. The class material is worked through every 9 months, so these classes are not meant to be permanent. Once you have gone through the curriculum once or twice (9-18 months) it is best to transition into one of the Married Young Adult classes.
Together: Preparation for Marriage
Together, our premarital ministry at Shades, is an 8-week course designed to provide engaged couples an opportunity to prepare for marriage in the context of community. Together will walk you through common opportunities and challenges in marriage from a biblical perspective.
Class dynamics include…
- large group, topic-based teaching
- small group discussion led by a mentor couple with 1-2 other engaged couples
- individual counseling session for each couple
- personalized insight from the Prepare/Enrich assessment
- weekly, topic-oriented homework
Our next 8-week round of classes will begin on March 11, 2018 and run every other week until April 22, 2018 (except for Easter Sunday, April 1). Classes are from 3:30-6:00pm in the Community Life Center Dining Room. The cost is $125 per couple which helps to supplement the cost of assessments, class materials, resources, and snacks. Financial assistance is available, please contact Chad Cossiboom for more information. Click here to register.
For those unable to attend the Spring class, there will be a Weekend Intensive on July 6-7 (Friday night and all day Saturday) in the Community Life Center Dining Room. The class will cover 8 weeks of material in two days. The cost is $165 per couple and includes all resources and three meals. Registration link forthcoming.
We want to help couples intentionally spend time with each other -- on an actual date. No interruptions or distractions, just dedicated time together. This is what Date Night is all about. The next Date Night is February 16.
How It Works
- Register online to participate, the cost is only $15 per couple until February 2. Registration increases to $20 per couple after February 2. You do not have to be a Shades attendee to participate.
- Decide where you’re going to eat, it’s up to you. Click here for some recommendations.
- We'll provide a kit with discussion questions, games, and goodies. The Date Night kit will get conversation going, offer some randomness and keep things fun.
- You can pick up your kit at the first floor drive-thru on Date Night starting at 5:15 p.m. (look for the signs) or when you drop off your kids for our complimentary childcare (you read that right, COMPLIMENTARY CHILDCARE - we’ll even provide dinner for them!).
Safe, fun and complimentary childcare is provided at Shades from 5:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m., for infants through 6th graders. Parents must make childcare reservations when they register for Date Night.
Email us for additional details or with any questions.
Marriage is beautiful and messy. But, what did you expect? It hasn't escaped the reality of brokenness in life. It's what you do with that reality that makes all the difference.
Have you ever wondered why some couples reach a place of love and understanding in their marriages while other couples seem trapped in the same struggles year, after year, after year? A marriage of unity, understanding, and love is not rooted in romance but in worship. It is only when we worship God that we are able love as we were created to love.
This weekend conference will help you find lasting hope for marriage. Hear practical insights for everyday issues and situations in the reality of marriage. Learn how to take realistic steps that will help get from where you are, to where God wants you to be.