Men of Shades Ambassadors
The Men of Shades is structured along the lines of how Jethro advised Moses to organize to lead the people of Israel (Exodus 18). The Men of Shades Leadership (MoS) Team is led by the MoS Director. The Leadership Team is made up of five to eight men. The Ambassadors are the voice of the Men of Shades in the church, especially through Sunday School classes. The Ambassadors are made up of a minimum of 1 representative from each SS class and church ministry area. The Men of Shades are here to serve and lead the men of Shades Mountain Baptist Church to meet with God, connect with others, and live with purpose. The Ambassador role is a critical leadership position within the MoS. We represent MoS in our Sunday School classes and ministry areas within the church, keeping the men around us engaged with MoS opportunities, and encouraging them to become the men of God that He is calling them to be. We see the Lord at work blessing and sanctifying the Men of Shades and want to ensure its growth and necessity to our faith family.
- Ambassadors experience ManChurch and Men’s Bible studies
- Attend 4 meetings annually on Sunday afternoons from 12 - 1 in the Fellowship Hall to receive updates on MoS direction and upcoming activities.
- Carry the MoS mission to your class/ministry area and the men in your circle of influence.
- Forward emails and make contacts with your SS Class/Leadership area and whomever the Holy Spirit prompts you.
Up-to-date directory of all men at Shades. Track events attended, strengths, leadership roles, birthdays, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, etc.
- Software management
- Integration of Men’s Database with Shades database, access
- Identify leadership opportunities, Divinely Designed
- Survey, Questionnaires: three to five questions on index card at events for participant feedback and acquiring new information for MoS database
Planning of events, topics or dates by council. Follow up of booking, set up, travel arrangements, food, coordinating with other MoS chairs to ensure proper advertisement, organization, parking, marketing, etc. is covered.
- Outdoors adventures
- Barons Baseball
- Paint Ball
- Family Socials
- Men’s Movie Night
- Men’s Breakfast
- Men’s Grid Iron Conference
- 729: Monthly manual labor service project
- Clean: Classes and book study to encourage, strengthen and support the mental and physical purity of men
- Quarterly Bible Studies offered to Men of Shades
- Greeter, Parking Ministry: Weekly greeters to greet visitors and assist elderly and handicapped to sanctuary. Assist with traffic control during major church events (including women’s events)
- Save-a-Life Team: Group of men willing to receive an email or text from Save-A-Life whenever a boyfriend or husband shows up at the center with his girlfriend or wife and stop by and visit with them while they wait. These scared and lonely men also need direction, love and encouragement from other men that do not exist in their lives.
- Route 1520: Confidential Sexual Addition Program
- Driver Team: Men that are certified to drive busses and are available for Shades functions
Team called to serve and/or visit church members in need. Team to receive church hospital emails that staff and deacons currently receive.
- Hospitals, widows, elderly
- Prayer requests, prayer team, prayer walks, corporate prayer time
- Discipleship Groups: Tracking opportunities, connecting, following up, small groups, accountability groups, placement, etc. General networking for Men of Shades
- New Membership Class Team: Ensure someone from MoS is at all new membership classes each month. Introduce self and greet each man as representative of MoS and reference the additional material in New Membership packet they are receiving during the meeting from the church.
Get updated information to staff prior to class (monthly) to ensure flyer included in information package given to each new member.
Personally follow up with new member after 3 weeks and 6 weeks of joining.
- Job Change/Transition Class: Class for people who find themselves between employment or are currently unemployed.
Weekly Bible Study Support group focused encouragement and based on Scripture.
Networking within church for potential job placement/opportunities
Develop list of men that have successfully gone through job transition and/or unemployment that are also available for one on one support
- Deacon’s Minute: Update for Men of Shades at monthly deacon’s meetings.
- Missions Team: Group of men focused on local and global Missions
Recruitment for a Men of Shades specific local mission trip each year
Recruitment for a Men of Shades specific national mission trip each year
Recruitment for a Men of Shades specific global mission trip each year
- GIC Support
Set up of flags and flag poles in sanctuary prior to GIC
Coordination of MoS greeter, parking ministry to have men available each night to work doors and parking lots
Break down of flags and flag poles in sanctuary after to GIC