Myles first came to Birmingham in 2013 to play Quarterback for UAB. That summer he began serving in the Titusville Community holding football camps at memorial park with over a dozen of his teammates from UAB.
When the UAB football program shut down in 2014 it gave Myles the opportunity to dive into ministry full time. He Co-Founded a nonprofit in Birmingham with two of his best friends, Nick Crawford, and Sutton Shults, called "A4ONE" an athletic ministry geared towards creating avenues for discipleship to happen through sports. Within the walls of the 7,500sq ft. facility they experienced God move in many ways through small steps of faithfulness over a long period of time. This led to Myles joining the board for the Titusville Youth Sports Association where he has coached since 2015.
Myles later founded an after-school program in 2015 called “Asafo'' a holistic approach to mentorship addressing the physical, mental, spiritual, and emotional needs of the whole child. The past seven years Myles was the Director of Urban Development for Common Thread where he led out in building community partnerships, creating small businesses to empower entrepreneurship within the Urban community, and led an initiative called “Sons to Fathers” with the focus of establishing men in the lives of the fatherless providing a support system for the child to which they could flourish. He’s also worked with Fellowship of Christian Athletes as the Urban Area Coordinator over Jefferson County. During this time both he and his wife Shila lived in Downtown Birmingham but decided to move just a mile away to the Community of Titusville where they have lived since 2016.
in June of 2022, Myles transitioned into the role of City Pastor at Shades Mountain Baptist Church bringing his Wife Shila and their three boys Koa, Elijah, and True. Utilizing nearly a decade worth of experience Myles will seek to:
- Establish entry points, and on-ramps for the community of Shades to engage with the downtown area of Birmingham through establishing partnerships with the City of Birmingham while developing an overall strategy for City ministry.
- Recruit and develop teams and volunteer leaders to carry out the city ministry strategy.
- Collaborate and coordinate with the missions and overall staff team at Shades.
- Lead Shades to build relationships and impact Birmingham with the Gospel in ways we cannot see.
- Foster, evaluate, and cultivate ministry partnership agreements that are reviewed each year.
- Plan and implement an ongoing calendar of local mission opportunities and events that lead Shades to engage and serve our city.
Myles will remain present and on the ground building relationships with city stakeholders, being a man of peace and cultivating new ways to serve the city. Myles is more excited than ever to take the helm and bring the Gospel message to our city.
In his free time, Myles loves spending time with his Wife Shila and their three boys, going to Oak Mountain State Park, working out, grilling, and coaching football.