Our two new worship service and Sunday School times have begun with full Sunday morning offerings for all ages.
Below is some information we think will be helpful to you about what Shades is doing to prepare and what you can do as we work together to have a meaningful worship experience.
- Worship at 9:00 & 10:30 AM
- Sunday School at 9:00 & 10:30 AM
If you're a first-time guest, you can attend either worship service and Sunday School hour. If you have kids and are visiting with us, you do not need to register your child for Worship Care, Children's Worship, or Sunday School beforehand. Our teams have made arrangements to accommodate you, and we'd love to welcome you to Shades.
WORSHIP at 9:00 | SUNDAY SCHOOL at 10:30
Anyone without children or whose children are not at home will come to worship at 9:00 and Sunday School at 10:30.
SUNDAY SCHOOL at 9:00 | WORSHIP at 10:30
Preschoolers, children, Hand in Hand, students, college students, Young Professionals, and Internationals will all attend Sunday School at 9:00 and worship at 10:30.
Registration is required for all preschoolers and children grades 1-6 for Sunday School, Worship Care, and Children's Worship due to limited space.
If your child attends both Sunday School and Worship Care or Children's Worship, please register them for both hours. If you have multiple children attending, you'll need to submit multiple registration forms.
Registration for Sunday, Nov. 29 for Worship Care, Children's Worship, and Sunday School is now open.
What We're Doing
- Socially distanced seating: Family units will sit together six feet apart on every other pew. Seating will be available on the main level and in both fan banks. As attendance increases, the balcony will open for seating.
- Touchless experience: Greeters and worship center hosts will be opening exterior doors and assisting you as you make your way to your seats in the Worship Center. We continue to encourage online giving, but tithes and offerings brought to worship can be deposited into baskets at the Worship Center doors.
- Face coverings: Staff and volunteers will be wearing face coverings. We’re also requiring all attendees to wear face coverings during the entirety of the service, even singing.
- Clean hands: Hand sanitizer will be available at stations throughout the Concourse and Worship Center lobby.
- Childcare: If you're a member at Shades, we ask that you register your child ahead of time so we can know how to best ensure their safety and care. Registration for Nov. 29 is open. If you're a first-time guest with us, we've ensured we'll have room for your child. We'd love for you to join us! Kids grades three through six are encouraged to attend worship with their families. If you need to bring a snack for them, please bring clear liquids and cheerios.
- Cleaning: The Shades staff is thoroughly cleaning all areas of the Worship Center. Teams will clean pews and restrooms between services.
How You Can Help
- If you are not feeling well, if you have a temperature of 100 degrees or higher, or if you are at higher risk for illness, please continue worshipping with us online.
- Get creative in greeting friends when you see them on Sunday. A wave instead of a hug. A smile instead of a handshake.
- When worship is over, please go directly back to your car and avoid gathering in groups.
- Be considerate of others and sensitive to their efforts to maintain distance or wear a face covering.