Distance markers will be removed from the pews. Social distancing is encouraged.
Masks are optional. Volunteers with our Preschool and Hand in Hand ministries will continue to wear masks.
Distancing in Sunday School classrooms will be determined by class leadership and participants. Food and coffee will again be allowed in classrooms.
Below is some information we think will be helpful to you about what Shades is doing to prepare and what you can do as we work together to have a meaningful worship experience.
Masks are optional. Distancing is encouraged.
- Worship at 9:00 & 10:30 AM
- Sunday School at 9:00 & 10:30 AM
If you're a first-time guest, you can attend either worship service and Sunday School hour. If you have kids and are visiting with us, you do not need to register your child for Worship Care, Children's Worship, or Sunday School beforehand. Our teams have made arrangements to accommodate you, and we'd love to welcome you to Shades.
WORSHIP at 9:00 | SUNDAY SCHOOL at 10:30
Anyone without children or whose children are not at home will come to worship at 9:00 and Sunday School at 10:30.
SUNDAY SCHOOL at 9:00 | WORSHIP at 10:30
Preschoolers, children, Hand in Hand, students, college students, Young Professionals, and Internationals will all attend Sunday School at 9:00 and worship at 10:30.
Registration is required for all preschoolers and children grades 1-6 for Sunday School, Worship Care, and Children's Worship due to limited space.
If your child attends both Sunday School and Worship Care or Children's Worship, please register them for both hours. If you have multiple children attending, you'll need to submit multiple registration forms.
Registration for Sunday, May 16 for Worship Care, Children's Worship, and Sunday School is now open.
What We're Doing
- Socially distanced seating: Social distancing is encouraged. All seating in the Worship Center is open.
- Face coverings: Staff and volunteers, with the exception of those working with Preschool and Hand in Hand will not be required to wear masks.
- Clean hands: Hand sanitizer will be available at stations throughout the Concourse and Worship Center lobby. We also encourage you to wash your hands frequently.
- Childcare: If you're a member at Shades, we ask that you register your child ahead of time so we can know how to best ensure their safety and care. Registration for May 16 is open. If you're a first-time guest with us, we've ensured we'll have room for your child. We'd love for you to join us! Kids grades three through six are encouraged to attend worship with their families. If you need to bring a snack for them, please bring clear liquids and cheerios.
How You Can Help
- If you are not feeling well, if you have a temperature of 100 degrees or higher, or if you are at higher risk for illness, please continue worshipping with us online.
- Be considerate of others and sensitive to their efforts to maintain distance or wear a face covering.